We are an intentional community that honors and celebrates the diversity, oneness, and inter-relatedness of all creation. We support each other as evolving compassionate, spiritual beings who recognize our connection to the world community. We benefit from the sharing of ideas, time, skills, tools and responsibilities. We enjoy communal time while respecting individual and family needs. We value nature, beauty and ecologically sustainable living.
To create a positive, healthy, and fun community we agree to:
- Speak our truth and listen to others
- Commit to active participation
- Share resources
- Demonstrate ability to pay for home and shared property / resources (including creative financing options)
- Use the consensus process
- Build and maintain our homes with sustainable practices
- Live in community while respecting privacy of others
- Participate actively in community activities (meetings, some meals, celebrations, etc.)
- Take responsibility for own actions, assumptions and expenses
- Act and speak with integrity
- Practice Nonviolent Communication
- Respect self, each other and honor our differences
- Live lightly on the land
Phase one, 3 buildings with four homes each, was completed in 2010. The next phase of construction is the planning phase, and we hope to construct 2-3 additional buildings with a total of 19-22 homes.. We are looking or additional members for this next phase.
Building plans are below. Parking is at the entrance to the property and the homes and common house form a circle around the common green. We built on the relatively flat part of a ravine, which will provide a permanent green belt next to us.
Feel free to contact us with any questions or comments about cohousing in general or our project in particular. Call Liv at (360) 357-4503 or email David.